Ingredients: (serves 4)
2 small pumpkins
1 large onion
1 x Vegetable stock (Best is Home made as per recipe in our X-rated vegans book, but you can use any veg stock)
1 tea spoon of cayenne pepper
1 tea spoon of sweet pepper
Salt and pepper
1. Chop the pumpkins into quarters, remove the seeds, sprinkle with rapeseed oil and roast in 200C for 35-45 mins
2. In the meantime, chop the onion into small pieces and fry in rapeseed oil until golden, add cayenne and sweet pepper and fry for another minute.
3. Chop your carrot and parsnip into small pieces. Put aside.
4. Once the pumpkin is ready, remove the skin and add the pumpkin flesh to the onion, keep stirring and frying. Next add chopped parsnip and carrot. Add enough water, so it covers all vegetables and cover the pan with a lid. Allow to boil for 10mins on a low heat.
5. Blend all ingredients together (using hand- blender works best)
6. Mix in salt and pepper, decorate with roasted pumpkin seeds and cashew cream